Outline of Regular Korean Language Course
The Regular Korean Language Course is an intensive ten-week program for foreigners and overseas Koreans covering the language, culture, and history of Korea.
|Period||10 weeks (200 hours)|
|Class Hours||9:00 a.m.-12:50 p.m.|
|Levels||1 ~ 6|
|Tuition||KRW 1,400,000 (PNU students and employees: 20% discount - KRW 1,120,000)
※ Includes fees for test-taking, enrollment, textbooks, cultural activities, etc.
|Criteria for Completion of Course||Minimum of 80% of attendance rate and an average grade of 70/100 or higher|
Benefits of Korean Courses
- 1Professional Korean Language Education
- Learners will take a placement test to assess their language level before they are assigned to a class.
- The programs are designed in phases according to the level of the learners.
- Integrated education of listening, speaking, reading, and writing are conducted with the aim to improve learners’ communication skills.
- A class evaluation is conducted every semester to receive feedback from learners and reflect their needs in our programs.
- 2Education on Korean History and Culture
- Learners experience the history and culture of Korea through field trips to historic sites and major tourist destinations.
- Learners learn Korean culture through hands-on activities, such as Korean Cooking Class, Taekwondo Class, and Korean Traditional Music Class.
- 3Excellent Instructors
- The Korean language courses are led by excellent instructors who have obtained a master's degree or a higher academic level in Korean language education and other fields related to language.
- The homeroom instructors of each class monitor the learning processes of learners and take care of their stay in Korea.
- 4Operation of Diverse Programs for Efficient Korean Language Education
- Special afternoon classes, such as Speaking Class, Pronunciation Class, and Learning Korean through Music, are open to learners based on their needs.
- In-depth programs, such as University Interview Preparatory Class and University Preparatory Class, are open to students who are preparing to enter university.
- The "Language Partner Program(DOUMI)" intends to assist Korean course learners by matching them with PNU students who can guide them with Korean and Korean life.