Exams and Grade Evaluations
- Grades are evaluated based on mid-term and final exams, class participation, and performance of assignments.
- Being tardy or leaving class early three times are considered as one absence.
- The following cases can be accepted as an attendance with the submission of documents of proof
병결, 전염병, 대학 또는 대학원 입학면접, 업무상 출장, 경조사 Sick leave Up to 3 days per semester (additional 3 days are accepted if treated in one's home country) Infectious disease Up to one third (1/3) of the total class days can be accepted as attendance Interview for university or graduate school entry Additional 2 days are accepted if the interview is conducted in one's home country Official business trip Up to 3 days per semester Family events
- Marriage (oneself): 5 days
- Childbirth (oneself or one's spouse): 5 days
- Death of spouse, parent, parent of spouse, grandparent, grandparent of spouse, child, or spouse of child: 5 days
Completion and Failure
- A certificate of completion will be issued to those with a minimum attendance rate of 80% and an average grade of 70/100 or higher.
- An attendance rate of less than 80% or an average grade of less than 70/100 is considered failure of the course.
- Should an attendee fail a level three consecutive times, he/she must register for a course one level lower for the following semester. (Exception: Failure of Level 1 three consecutive times requires registration for Level 1 the following semester.)
|Perfect Attendance Award||100% attendance rate||Certificate and prize||(3 tardies/early leaves = 1 absence)|
|Outstanding Grade Scholarship||1 student per class with the highest grades||20% of tuition given for registration of the following semester||If a class consists of less than 8 attendees, only first place is commended.|
|1 student per class with the second highest grades||10% of tuition given for registration of the following semester|
|Special Scholarship Certificate||Perfect attendance for four consecutive semesters or a scholarship holder for four consecutive semesters||Full tuition for the following semester shall be returned if enrolled and completed||One-off Payment|
Multiple scholarships cannot be received simultaneously.
PNU students and exchange students are excluded from the scholarship programs.
- An attendee, who has been warned once for taking an unauthorized leave for three consecutive days or more, takes another unauthorized leave for three consecutive days or more shall be expelled from the program.
- An attendee, who has been warned once about their absence rate of 30% of the entire course, continues to be absent and reaches an absence rate of 40% of the entire course shall be expelled from the program.
- An attendee, who has been warned by the decision of the Teacher’s Committee for unfavorable behavior that negatively affects the class, is called by the Committee for a second time for the same reason shall be expelled from the program.
- In the event a D-4 visa holder is warned or expelled from the program, the subject's guardian in their home country may be informed of the matter.
- In the event a D-4 visa holder is expelled from the program, the subject shall immediately return to his/her home country as his/her visa will be canceled.